Sunday, September 28, 2014

27 days!


It's been 27 days since I quit smoking. It's been 50 days since my last mud run. Until today. Today I did a 6k OCR. 

I didn't feel like I was going to die, ever, during this race. The one I did 50 days ago, I thought I might die while climbing the first hill. 

Funny story. So, I had my nicotine patch on, when I left for the race, today. 10 minutes into the race, it came off. I didn't put one back on until 4:15pm. My race time was 8:30am. The end. Just kidding, but, that's the funny part.

I was doing great, until I got home, around 1:00pm. I started getting super irritable, and highly annoyed. (Sorry, babe.) 

But! I didn't want to smoke a cigarette, or put another patch on.  That is major progress. Sometimes, it surprises me that I don't freak out and want to smoke.  I think about it but, stool only thinking about it in a past way. Like, "Now is a normal time, that I would go smoke." Or, "I would have smoked at this point." 

Okay, back to the fun stuff. I have a great picture of myself, after the race, with my lovely Aunt Toni, and who else, other than... Sasquatch?!

For your viewing pleasure:


In case you're wondering, that's me, on the right, in the bright colors. =D


No comments:

Post a Comment